Hi, I’m Terri and thank you for visiting my About Me page.
Fun Facts About Me
- I love nature. I’ve not lost one bit of my childlike wonder. I look up. I look down. I’m looking for the details.
- I love to ride my bike. What about you? Do you love to ride so fast your elbows are sticking out to the sides like imaginary wings? Do you flatten your back and lower your head for aerodynamics? Do try to race cardinals? I really love to ride my bike.
- I love to explore the margins of the golf course. Sure, I make it look like I’ve duffed a shot and ended up in the rough or the trees. I want to get my money’s worth and explore the entirety of the course.
- I love to encourage the individual who is unaware of their incredible worth. I know what happens when one fails to realize their life matters.
- Other likes: read non-fiction, write, speak in public; pretend I'm an artist, visit zoos, national parks, forests; walk
I am incredibly aware of the impact that occurs when my life-path intersects with other life-paths. Who I am and what I bring in that moment may have a profound effect on the other individual. Am I presenting and bringing my best self as my life intersects with the world? On the other hand, what is it that will makes me thrive in heart and soul? How can I live even more intentionally and present in this moment, in this day? My questions and a desire for answers has driven me to seek an even more intentional and deep relationship with God.
These questions rise up from the depth of my heart as I daily witness individuals and families seeking wellness in every dimension—physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual. As a nurse, I understand the desire for holistic wellness whether it was at the bedside providing hospice nursing care for individuals in their home, or working with leukemia patients and hematology clinical staff as a research nurse at The James Cancer Hospital, or my personal experience with infertility, neurological issues often impairing my movement, and those intense periods of feeling alone and lost. Nearly all of us are driven to seek wellness.
In my search for answers from a nursing perspective, I awakened to the importance of spiritual wellness, one of nine dimensions of wellness. With this blog, I hope to inspire individuals to explore spiritual wellness through an intentional relationship with God. While there are many alternative options available to achieve spiritual wellness, I have chosen this specific focus--you and God tenderly colliding, intertwined, experiencing renewal and hope.
My Credentials--What do I bring to the table that makes me credible?
Education/Licenses: Masters of Science in Nursing (Xavier University, Cincinnati Ohio); Bachelors of Art – Religious Studies and Nurse Educator Post Master Concentration (Capital University, Columbus Ohio); Registered Nurse, State of Ohio (active); Registered Nurse, State of South Carolina (active).
Hutchinson, T. (2015). “Authentic Caring Occasions for Patients in Hairy Cell Leukemia Clinical Trials”. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 19(2). doi:10.1188/15.CJON.E41-E46
Hutchinson, T. and Goodin, H. J. (2013). “Nursing Student Anxiety as a Context for Teaching/Learning”. Published online and in the Journal of Holistic Nursing, 31(19). doi:10.1177/0898010112462067
Certifications/Certificates (Present and Past): Stress Management Certficate, Certified Clinical Research Professional, Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse, Clinical Nurse Leader Certification
Professional Affiliations: American Holistic Nurses Association, Society of Clinical Research Professionals