Hi, I’m Terri and thank you for visiting my About Me page.
I am incredibly aware of the impact that occurs when my life-path intersects with other life-paths. Who I am and what I bring in that moment may have a profound effect on the other individual. Am I presenting and bringing my best self as my life intersects with the world? My best self happens when I am thriving within my heart and soul. To thrive and flourish spiritually is a matter of living intentionally and present in this moment, in this day just as God is present with me. I am driven to seek an even more intentional and deep relationship with God.
As a nurse, I recognize the impact of holistic wellness--wellness for every dimension of our health whether its psychological, physical, intellectual, or spiritual. Attending to patients spiritual needs is becoming recognized as a significant aspect of wellness. One reason why spiritual health is important to me is due to my personal experience with infertility and neurological issues created intense periods of feeling alone and lost. I focused on my physical need for wellness while neglecting my spiritual needs. I awakened to the cry of my soul for a deeper and intentional relationship with God. Despite a lack of wellness in one area of my health, I sought and received a boost in my spiritual health when I went to the Lord in belief that He would give it. Every day now I seek it and receive it.
My desire is to bring attention to the needs of our soul. I hope to inspire individuals to explore spiritual wellness through an intentional relationship with God. While there are many alternative options available to achieve spiritual wellness, I have chosen this specific focus--you and God tenderly colliding, intertwined, experiencing renewal and hope.
My Credentials--What I bring to the table that makes me credible
Education/Licenses: Masters of Science in Nursing (Xavier University, Cincinnati Ohio); Bachelors of Art – Religious Studies and Nurse Educator Post Master Concentration (Capital University, Columbus Ohio); Registered Nurse, State of Ohio (active); Registered Nurse, State of South Carolina (active).
Hutchinson, T. (2015). “Authentic Caring Occasions for Patients in Hairy Cell Leukemia Clinical Trials”. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 19(2). doi:10.1188/15.CJON.E41-E46
Hutchinson, T. and Goodin, H. J. (2013). “Nursing Student Anxiety as a Context for Teaching/Learning”. Published online and in the Journal of Holistic Nursing, 31(19). doi:10.1177/0898010112462067
Certifications/Certificates (Present and Past): Stress Management Certficate, Certified Clinical Research Professional, Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse, Clinical Nurse Leader Certification
Professional Affiliations: American Holistic Nurses Association, Society of Clinical Research Professionals
- I love nature. I’ve not lost one bit of my childlike wonder. I look up. I look down. I’m looking for the details.
- I love to ride my bike. What about you? Do you love to ride so fast your elbows are sticking out to the sides like imaginary wings? Do you flatten your back and lower your head for aerodynamics? Do try to race cardinals? I really love to ride my bike.
- I love to explore the margins of the golf course. Sure, I make it look like I’ve duffed a shot and ended up in the rough or the trees. I want to get my money’s worth and explore the entirety of the course.
- I love to encourage the individual who is unaware of their incredible worth. I know what happens when one fails to realize their life matters.
- Other likes: read non-fiction, write, speak in public; pretend I'm an artist, visit zoos, national parks, forests; walk